This is a very basic beef stroganoff recipe that simply tastes awesome. A must do recipe for busy moms and households who can’t do without good food.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 10.75oz, golden mushroom soup can, condensed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4oz cream cheese
- In a skillet over medium to high heat, brown the meat on both sides.
- Transfer the browned meat to a slow cooker.
- Add in the can of soup, Worcestershire sauce, onion and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours until the meat is nice and tender.
- Before serving add in the cream cheese and serve hot.
Glazed Corned Beef
The thing that makes this corned beef stand out from others is the glaze. Once you've this corned beef and glaze, you will never go back to making this dish the old way. A tasty dish that takes about an hour to prep is a great dish for a family of 4.
- 4 lbs corned beef
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, whole and peeled
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 green cabbage, quartered
- Enough water to just about cover the beef
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- In a large slow cooker, put in the corned beef, water, onion, bay leaves and garlic cloves.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 11 hours
- Once cooked, remove the meat and set aside on a baking dish. Do not discard the broth.
- To the broth in the slow cooker, add the potatoes and cook for 20 minutes on medium to high heat.
- After 20 minutes add in the carrots, cooking for another 5 minutes on medium to high.
- Then add the cabbage, cover and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the broth is reducing and the vegetables are cooking, blend the glazing ingredients, the brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Brush the glazing lavishly over the meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with the vegetables, bread and a nice long drink.
Tasty Mushroom Pot Roast
This is a basic pot roast that simply tastes terrific just as it is. However, feel free to add potatoes, carrots and fresh mushrooms to the mix if you have the time.
- 5 1/2 lbs beef pot roast
- 1 oz onion soup mix, dry
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 x 10 3/4 oz cans of creamy of mushroom soup, condensed
- In a small bowl, blend together the water and onion soup mix.
- Put the roast in a slow cooker.
- Add in the onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soup.
- Cook on low heat for 9 hours until the roast is nice and tender.
- One of the variations of this recipe is to use beef stock instead of water to give it a bit more depth.
- Also, using golden mushroom soup instead of the cream of mushroom soup gives this soup an interesting twist.
Classic Beef Short Ribs
- 2 1/2 lbs short ribs, without bone
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup vinegar (red wine)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a zip lock bag add salt, pepper and flour. Blend well.
- Add in the meat pieces and shake well, until the seasoned flour coats the meat completely.
- In a wide saucepan, heat the butter on a low flame.
- Add in the flour coated meat and brown on medium to high heat.
- Once the meat has browned, transfer the meat from the saucepan to the slow cooker.
- In the same sauce pan, add in the onion and garlic and sauté until cooked.
- Once the onions are cooked, add in all the other ingredients, the red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce beef broth, chili powder and ketchup.
- Once it boils, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan into the slow cooker containing the meat.
- Cook on low temperature for 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve hot with fluffy white rice.
Slow Cooked Traditional Lasagna
- 1 lb lean beef, ground
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz tomato sauce, canned
- 6 oz tomato paste, canned
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 12 oz cottage cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 oz, lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz, mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In one bowl, blend all the cheeses together and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, brown the onions, garlic and ground beef.
- To this add in the tomato sauce, the tomato paste, salt and oregano. Blend well.
- Heat on a low flame, until the entire mixture starts to simmer. This makes the sauce for the lasagna.
- Turn off the burner and transfer a layer of the warmed mixture into a slow cooker.
- Alternate with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Top with a layer of cheese.
- Alternate meat sauce with noodles and cheese. You can add as many layers as your slow cooker will hold.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
For a bit of a variation, you could substitute half of the ground beef with sausages or add some additional herbs as you please.
Roast Beef and Mushroom Gravy
For most of us having roast beef usually implies that it is a special occasion. However, with this recipe you will find that making roast beef is simple and can be an everyday meal with little fuss.
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast, boneless
- 2 x 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup cans, condensed
- 14 oz beef broth, canned or home made
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut the roast in half.
- Heat a large skillet on medium to high heat and brown the roast on both sides.
- Place the browned roast inside a slow cooker.
- Add in the mushroom soup, beef broth, dry sherry and onion soup mix.
- Cook for 8 to 9 hours on low heat.
It does help to turn the meat once during the cooking process for a more evenly cooked piece of meat.
Crock Pot Roast Beef
This is a very simple recipe and the amazing thing about it is that it has so much flavor. Try it out, it’s sure to become a weekly ritual in your home too.
- 4 to 5 lb beef roast, 1 piece
- 1 1/4 oz Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 1 1/4 oz dry gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 oz ranch dressing mix, dry
- Put the beef in the slow cooker
- Combine the dry gravy mix, Italian salad dressing and ranch dressing mixes together and rub all over the beef.
- Add the water to the crock pot.
- Cook the meat covered on a very low temperature for between 7 and 9 hours.
Serve with roast or mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for a simple roast dinner.
Slow Cooked Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are a favorite southern dish and for a reason, they taste really great. It's also very common because it's very easy to prepare and doesn't cost much in ingredients either.
- 1 1/2 lbs lean beef, ground.
- 6 pork sausage, roughly 16 oz.
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 can of tomato sauce, roughly 8 oz
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup ordinary ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed down.
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chili powder.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 ordinary hamburger buns, toasted.
- Cook the beef and sausages in a frying pan on medium heat. Keep stirring and cook till the ground beef is dry and crumbly and sausages are browned.
- Put all the remaining ingredients except the hamburger buns into a slow cooker along with the cooked meat.
- Cook on a high for 4 hrs.
- Serve hot on top of hamburger buns.
Hot Smoked Beef Brisket
This brisket recipe is one of the best you will find. While, unlike most crock-pot recipes, this one is cooked wrapped in aluminum foil, without any water, it is most definitely a recipe that is a keeper.
- 2 to 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp liquid smoke or Worcestershire sauce
- Place the beef brisket on a large piece of aluminum foil, ensuring that the beef is placed in the center of the sheet to aid in wrapping later on in the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, blend together the salt, pepper and garlic. This forms the seasoning for the brisket.
- Rub the seasoning lavishly over the brisket, ensuring that the meat is uniformly coated with the seasoning.
- Sprinkle over the liquid smoke.
- Tightly wrap the meat using the aluminum foil.
- Transfer the meat wrapped in aluminum foil into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once cooked, peal the aluminum foil and serve with barbecue sauce.
Classic Homestyle Beef Stew
- 2 lbs blade beef, cut in sizes you prefer
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp essence
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb buttoned mushrooms, sliced in thin pieces
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp allspice powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 lb potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Sprinkle the beef with a tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper and 1 tsp of essence (see below).
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Brown the meat, cooking it for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- Transfer the meat into a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Then add flour, oregano, all spice, beef stock, butter, mushrooms, basil, thyme and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hr.
- After the meat has cooked for an hour, add the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add in the onions and cook on low for another hour.
- Right before serving, add in the parsley and peas. Serve hot.
The essence in this recipe is a blend the following ingredients: This recipe below gives you 2/3 cups of the essence.
2/12 tbsp paprika, 2 tbsp garlic powder and salt and a tsp each of thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano and onion powder.
Barbecue Beef Brisket
Making the perfect brisket can be a bit tricky. However, this recipe makes this tasty cut of meat a pleasure to soak you teeth into.
This recipe serves six and takes about 30 minutes to prep and 10 hours to cook.
- 5 1/2 lbs beef brisket
- 1 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder