Authors: Phillip Pablo
MEAL 15- BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES
It has high sodium, but it still healthier for you than what you would find at a restaurant. Your kids and hubby will love this recipe. You can add lettuce and a slice of tomato on mine.
4 whole-grain and hamburger buns
118 ml of water or low-sodium chicken broth
8 ounce of boneless and skinless chicken breast
½ tablespoon of white pepper and sea salt
½ cup of carrot, peeled and shredded
450 ml of iceberg lettuce, shredded
59 ml of reduced-fat cheddar, shredded
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1. Combine chicken, olive oil, and sea salt and pepper in a large zip-top bag. Shake the mixture and refrigerate it for half an hour.
3. Cut the heat to medium and add the water. Coat and cook around for five minutes. Take out the chicken from the frying pan; cut up the chicken using 2 forks.
4. Go back to the pan and cook open until sauce thickens or around ten additional minutes.
5. Crisp the buns and split the carrot, lettuce, and chicken mixture in the middle of halves.
269.2 per serving
MEAL 16- CHICKPEAS WITH CHORIZO
A low fat soup but tastier at the same time and will fill you up.
Can cherry tomatoes (400 grams)
Sausages (4 cooking chorizo), cut into thick slices
2 garlic cloves, sliced
Juice from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of paprika, smoked
1 teaspoon of cumin seed
1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 Red onion, sliced
Drained Can chickpeas (400 grams
For serving: toasted, sourdough bread
1. Stir fry the onion, garlic, and chorizo until the chorizo is browned on the outside or around five minutes in a frying pan. Exhaust the excess oil and then blend in the spices.
2. Pour in the tomatoes, lemon juice and seasoning, and chickpeas. Boil around five minutes until thicken slightly and then drop over the parsley. Serve well with the toasted sourdough.
415.2 per serving
MEAL 17- SALT ROASTED BABY TURNIPS WITH ROSEMARY
You can try these instead of baked turnips. You’ll adore the crispy coating.
2 lbs. creamer or baby turnips (could be red, white, or a mixture of both), cut into ½” wedges
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Heat the oven to 450
C in advance.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. In a layer, organize on an outsized rimmed baking-sheet and heat around for 30 minutes, until soft and browned (tossing central).
139.1 per serving
MEAL 18- ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH PINE NUT AND PARSLEY SAUCE
A delicious dish made by the vegetables and crunchy pine nuts.
2 beets and carrots, peeled and trimmed
1 cup of rinsed green lentils- French
4 ml of olive oil
1 small celery root, peeled
1 teaspoon of cumin, ground
1 ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
½ teaspoon of papaya seed
One bay leaf
3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
118 ml of Balkan-style yogurt
1 teaspoon of finely grated lime zest
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
1⁄4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
1⁄2 teaspoon of honey (raw)
1⁄2 teaspoon of olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoon of cumin, ground
1⁄4 teaspoon of papaya seed
1⁄4 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Heat the oven to 400
C in advance. Line in a baking sheet (large) with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan with medium high heat, put in two cups of water, lentils and bay leaf. After boiling, decrease the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook around for 35 minutes or until water is absorbed. Take away from heat and set it to the side.
2. Arrange the vegetable batons: Cut the beets in half laterally and then slice into ½” wedges (crosswise). Cut the carrots in half diagonally and then cut the carrots into 1/4 so that they look like batons. Place flat surface down on your cutting board after cutting celery root in half. Slice the halves into 1⁄2” slices. Cut the slices into batons that is alike in dimension to carrots and beets. Shift the beets, celery, and carrots root to the baking sheet.
3. Drop vegetables with turmeric, 1 ½ teaspoon of oil, 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon papaya seed and toss to coat. Roast until the vegetables are lightly browned or around for 45 minutes. In the meantime, steel yourself by preparing the yogurt sauce of cilantro: mix the ingredients of yogurt sauce until completely mixed in a tiny bowl. Remove the bay leaves from the lentils and extend it on a serving dish. Place the
vegetables (roasted) over the top and drizzle the yogurt sauce over to the top.
Decorate with extra cilantro.
210 per serving
MEAL 19- SALAD WITH SALTY SALMON
Low in calories and carbohydrates but high in protein!
2-5 ounce salmon fillets, wild and 2-6 ounce canned wild salmon
1 tiny lemon, cut into half inch slices
2 teaspoons additional olive oil, virgin
4 cups of baby romaine or combined rinsed baby greens
1 cup of Napa cabbage, rinsed and thinly shredded
2 thinly sliced green onions
1 carrot, clean and diced
1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
One sheet of seaweed, Nori
1 recipe of lemon miso dressing—can prepare at the time of cooking the salmon
Lemon miso dressing, prepare around 1 cup
2 tablespoons of pure (raw) honey
2 tablespoons of fresh grated peeled ginger
1 tiny flesh organic lemon for juice
2 tablespoons of non-genetically customized white miso
⅓ cup additional olive oil, virgin
1 tablespoon of water, filtered
1. Remove any pin bones from salmon fillets and put the skin of the salmon fillets on the top of the lemon slices (side down) in a baking sheet lightly greased or lined with parchment. Sprinkle salmon with unrefined sea salt and two tablespoons of olive oil (according to the season).
2. Preheat the oven at 120
F) and place salmon aside at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Arrange salmon in the oven after preheating the oven and cook it for half an hour, depending on the thickness of fish. Insert a knife in the middle of the fillets to check the status of fish. Fish is ready when knife is removed effortlessly.
4. Take out the fish and leave it to cool. Remove the skins from the fish and split into some pieces. While using canned salmon, exhaust it and flake into tiny chunks. Leave it to the side once you take it together with the salad.
5. Set lettuce on designer plates and add it with the left over salad ingredients at the top. Sprinkle with the lemon miso dressing.
Lemon miso dressing, makes around 1 cup:
1. Put in all the ingredients for dressing in mixture and combine until it soft and smooth. Set to the side the dressing while you make the salad.
2. Reserve leftover dressing in a glass jar and place it in the refrigerator for around one week.
188.4 per serving