Authors: Phillip Pablo
MEAL 9- LAKANTO GLAZED CARROTS WITH THYME
Stewing carrots slowly in thyme, rather than boiling or steaming them, brings out their normal sweetness. Lakanto enhances a subtle varnish and a rich taste.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Lakanto
3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stems
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced in oblique shape
2. Arrange carrots on a baking sheet and bake in oven around 20 minutes.
86 per serving
FRUIT AND NUT GRANOLA CHEWY BAR
Better than store-bought, these granola bars contain nutritious whole grain, natural sweeteners, almonds, and a touch of fruit.
1 cup rolled oats, old-fashioned
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almonds, slivered
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds (if possible golden)
1/3 cup of currants
1 cup puffed cereal, unsweetened and whole-grain
1/3 cup of dried apricots, chopped
1/3 cup of golden raisins, chopped
1/4 cup of creamy almond butter
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F. With cooking spray, coat the square pan (8”).
2. Stretch oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds and flaxseeds on a baking sheet (large and rimmed).
Roast approximately for 10 minutes, until the nuts are fragrant and the oats are slightly toasted, shaking the pan halfway through.
3. Transfer the ingredients into a large bowl. Put in currants, cereal, raisins, and apricots; flip to combine.
4. Mix vanilla, almond butter, honey, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over the medium-low heat, approximately for 2-5 minutes, until the mixture bubbles
slightly, stirring frequently.
GRANOLA WITH YOGURT AND FRUITS
This is easy and wonderful way to kick-start your day. The pleasant tang of yogurt encounters real strawberries.
2 cups lo
w fat va
1. Take t
slices of 1 lb. strawberries and split 1/2 among four glasses.
Split 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 3 tablespoons muesli cereal evenly among glasses.
3. Do the same thing with remaining berries and yogurt and 3 tablespoons muesli with sliced berries in the top.
Calorie Count: 220 per serving
MEAL 12- UPMA OR UPPUMA
You can prepare it in a breakfast, lunch, or anytime. It is also a fabulous vegetarian dish; immediate and simple to get ready.
½ cup oat
2 tablespoons oil
¼ tablespoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons chopped green chilies
118 ml chopped onions
½ teaspoon grated ginger
59 ml green peas
59 ml chopped carrots
For The Garnish
2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
1. Rinse the oatmeal thoroughly. Parity boil the oatmeal with 2 cps. of hot water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Put the oil in a pressure cooker and insert the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds fizz, put in the green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
4. Append the onions and ginger, mix up well and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Put in the green peas and carrots, combine well and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Insert oatmeal, sea salt, and 1¼ cups of water, combine well and cook for 2 whistles in pressure cooker.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8. Decorate with coriander and serve when it cools a little.
193.1 per serving
IDLIES AND CHUTNEY CLOSE UP
A delicious south Indian dish. You can make it with uttapams and dosas.
118 ml split black lentils
225 ml steamed rice
225 ml rice semolina
1. Wash and soak the black gram for 2 hours in warm water.
2. Mill it into a smooth batter alongside the cooked rice.
3. Include the batter along with the salt after rinsing the idli rava.
4. Blend well; cover and put aside overnight for aging.
5. Spoon out the batter into lubed idli shape and mist for 15 minutes
6. Serve hot with chutney as per your need.
132 per serving
VEGETABLE JUICE ON RUSTIC WOOD
Take this juice as your breakfast to get a fresh start of the day. It is extremely healthy and easy to make.
3 cups chilled chopped apples
3 cups chilled chopped cucumber
2 ml lemon juice
1. Include the cucumber and apples simultaneously in a hopper.
2. Put in lemon juice to the juice mixer and blend well.
76.1 per serving