Authors: Phillip Pablo
MEAL 36- LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN WITH SALAD AND ASPARAGUS
A stunning recipe with grilled chicken. Present with crunchy asparagus
5 lbs. whole chicken, washed and dried
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ cup of softened margarine
2 large fresh springs rosemary, diced finely
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 lemon’s zest
Sea salt and white pepper
Fresh lemon juice (around 2 lemons)
Cavity filling (sliced lemons, onions, and rosemary- spring)
1. Heat the oven over the temperature of 425
2. Put in margarine to a standard sized bowl.
4. Coat chicken with pepper and salt within of the cavity.
5. Brush the margarine mixture onto the chicken.
6. Firmly press the chicken with 2 lemons’ juice all over it.
7. Stuff the chicken with rosemary, lemon pieces, and onions.
8. Tie the legs together as per your choice.
9. Set chicken in roasting pan.
10. Cook approximately 45 minutes and baste it.
11. Repeat the cooking for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden in an oven. Softly cover with foil if chicken goes to brown rapidly.
12. Allow chicken to cool for around 15 minute before
cutting into slices.
194.6 per serving
This is a very pleasing and calming vegetarian entree filled with protein, vitamins, and fiber.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 white onion
1 large ground cayenne
1. Heat the oven to 400
2. Chop the eggplant, onion, and ground cayenne into tiny pieces.
3. In a frying pan, put half tablespoon olive oil and cook all vegetables (apart from the zucchini!) over medium-high
temperature. Put salt and cook until they are softer (approximately 5-7 minutes).
4. While cooking the vegetables, cut the zucchinis in 1/2 length-wise and pull off the seedy flesh along with their middles.
5. Sprinkle the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil and lay the zucchinis in the dish, skin side down.
6. Fill the zucchinis uniformly with the cooked vegetable mixture.
7. Sprinkle the completed stuffed zucchini with left over tablespoon of olive oil.
8. Heat until zucchini is softer (approximately 20-25 minutes).
237.1 per serving
STIR-FRY VEGETABLES AND QUINOA
A tasty and tangy dish with an Asian flair. The mixture of egg, vegetables, and quinoa is not only mouth-watering, but it also provides a large resource of fiber and protein.
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cups vegetable soup (could be chicken soup)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 cup carrots, finely diced
1/2 cup minced green onions
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup refrigerated peas
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
146.2 per serving
MEAL 39- CHICKEN BURGER WITH SALAD
A nice break from traditional hamburger. You can serve these burgers on chive biscuits with the mixture of tomato chutney.
3 to 5 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, divided
1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
2 tiny tomatoes, sliced into 4 pieces
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and mashed
4.5” thick pieces of fresh pineapple
1 teaspoon of safflower oil, separated
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 oz. whole grain rolls, toasted and split
2. Drizzle chicken lightly with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, papaya seed, and ground cayenne. Sprinkle the slices of pineapple with the leftover 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
5. Put two slices of tomatoes, avocado, a single slice of pineapple, and two pieces of chicken at the top.
291 per serving
You know your boat’s come in when you have a juicy, bulky, and entirely grilled steak like this to look forward to.
1 teaspoon of cayenne, ground
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, about ¾” thick
1/2 teaspoon of papaya seed
4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 standard (average) yellow onion, quartered and separated
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, divided
1 standard (average) zucchini and yellow squash, sliced into the 8 length-wise, then cut into 2” pieces
5. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same frying pan on medium-high temperature, tilting pan to cover bottom evenly. Heat steak for approximately 4 minutes each side.
310 per serving