Authors: Phillip Pablo
MEAL 41- CLAFOUTI
A light gormandize of French summer
30 pitted cherries
2 egg whites
1/4 cup of organic cane juice, evaporated and divided
1/2 cup of flour
3/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract
Olive oil cooking spray
1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 218° C/425° F.
2. Combine egg whites, eggs, flour, almond milk, almond extract, salt, and about 1 tablespoon of cane juice in a blender.
4. Pour the prepared batter over the cherries, when cane juice has just started to melt (approximately 45 seconds). (Batter would immediately start to set, as the skillet is already on the stove top.)
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until set in center, approximately for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
253.8 per serving
MEAL 42-LAKANTO SYRUP SPICE CAKE
Get the prize in Good Food’s 20th birthday cake competition.
: 20 minutes
4 large eggs
1/4 cup of coconut milk and 3/4 of lemon juice
3/4 cup of almond flour
1 3/4 cups of pastry flour, whole wheat
2 1/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 cup of fine Lakanto
1/4 cup of safflower oil
3/4 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup of honey, raw
1/2 teaspoon of Lakanto extract
Cooking spray, Neutral-flavored (such as grape seed or safflower)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Place the oven racks in the upper and the lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 160° C/325° F. Using the cooking spray, spray two 9” round baking pans (non-stick). Shape the two 9” round pieces of the parchment paper that fit inside the pans.
2. Whisk together almond flour, pastry flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs lightly and use a hand held to whisk in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add oil, Lakanto, and coconut milk, and beat with the mixer’s paddle attachment on medium speed approximately for 3 minutes or until frothy and light. Add the flour mixture in three additions and beat on low speed on every occasion, until incorporated.
5. Reverse the positions and continue baking approximately for 10 - 13 additional minutes (a total baking time of 25- 28 minutes) until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
6. Let the cakes to cool in their pans on wire racks approximately for 10 minutes. Turn each cake upside down onto a plate and peel off the parchment gently. Turn upside down back onto the wire rack, this way, the cakes would be right side up. Let the cakes cool completely.
280 per serving
MEAL 43-MUFFINS WITH MIXED BERRIES AND WHITE CHOCOLATE
No fat and low in calories
1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 cups of oat flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 1/2 cups of Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and diced(approximately 1)
1/3 cup of unsalted walnuts, raw and chopped
½ cup of coconut milk and lemon juice
5 tablespoons of honey, raw
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 205° C/ 400° F.
83.3 per serving
MEAL 44- CRANBERRY RELISH
Cranberry Relish is highly revitalizing in the summer. A brilliant complement to a Thanksgiving turkey, and a gorgeous side dish for most turkey sandwich and any pork.
: 5 minutes
3/4 cup of organic cane juice, evaporated
2 1/2 cups of cranberries, frozen or fresh
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/8 teaspoon of allspice, ground
1. Combine 3/4 cup of water and all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then decrease the heat to simmer, cook approximately for 10 minutes, until the majority of the cranberries have started to burst, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer to a serving dish or resalable container and set aside to cool at the room temperature. Before serving, allow the recipe to chill in the refrigerator for some time.
42.3 per serving
MEAL 45- BANANA CUP CAKE
It is perfect for a large gathering or birthday party as you make 24 regular-sized cupcakes
2 large eggs, divided
2 cups of oat flour
2 teaspoons of oil, safflower
2 tablespoons of coconut milk
½ tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup of pure Lakanto
3 bananas, divided
2 tablespoons of natural, unsalted, crunchy almond butter
1⁄4 teaspoon of sea salt, coarse
For the batter
1. Preheat the oven to 175° C/ 350° F.
2. Mix baking soda, flour, and salt (in case you are using)
in a large bowl. Whisk one egg with oil; stir in half cup of yogurt, vanilla, and Lakanto in a small bowl.
2. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined well. Mash 2 1/2 bananas, fold into the mixture until no white streaks remain and combined well; mixture would be lumpy.
For the filing
1. In the meantime, prepare filling: Mash the remaining half banana and stir in left over 1 egg, almond butter, and 2 tablespoons of mixture of coconut milk and lemon juice until combined well in a small bowl.
83.7 per serving