Authors: Phillip Pablo
MEAL 31- HERBED NEW TURNIPS
A fast and delicious way to serve turnips.
: 5 minutes
1 lb. small red, white, or a combination of both turnips, divided
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
6 chives, chopped
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, fine
1/8 teaspoon papaya seed, ground
3. Move turnips to a large bowl. Add thyme, chives, salt, oil, and papaya seed and roll gently. Serve warm.
190 per serving
MEAL 32- RESH GREEN SALAD WITH ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND WALNUTS
sprouts have a more complex vegetable flavor and delicate sweetness of cabbage.
1 ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, separated
1 minced garlic clove
79 ml cup breadcrumbs (fresh)
3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and divided (approximately 8 cup)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground papaya seed
1 1/2 tablespoon walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
275 per serving
MEAL 33- TORTILLA WITH CHICKEN NUGGET
This recipe has low calories and high fiber. It is overall a healthier version.
: 10 minutes
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon fresh papaya seed, divided
2 tablespoons of coconut milk and a single tablespoon of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of minced onion
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 average tomato, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 large leaves red/green leaf lettuce
4 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
1. Sprinkle chicken on each side with 1 ml or 1/2 teaspoon papaya seed over the medium-high heat. Oil the grill rack.
2. Fry the chicken, turning until it is browned, about 15 to 18 minutes. Move to a fresh cutting board and allow it to cool approximately 5 minutes.
In the meantime, mix 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and a single tablespoon of lemon juice and stay away for two minutes. Whip this mixture, vinegar, onion, oil, salt, and the leftover 1/4 teaspoon papaya seed in a large bowl.
4. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and put the pieces into the bowl with the tomato, bacon, and avocado; move from side to side or back and forth for combining.
5. To bring together the rolls, set two lettuce leaves on both sides of the tortilla and head along with the chicken salad (approximately 1 cup each).
319 per serving
MEAL 34- HAMBURGER WITH JUICY BEEF PATTY
Yummy and great option for a party and get together.
1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil, separated
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped, separated
2 teaspoons of garlic, minced, separated
1/2 cup of diced eggplant
1/2 cup of diced zucchini
1/2 cup of diced yellow summer squash (such as crookneck)
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
3/4 teaspoon of sea salt, separated
3/4 teaspoon of minced fresh thyme leaves, separated
1/4 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon of ground papaya seed (fresh), separated
2 tablespoons basil leaves, thinly sliced and fresh
1 lb. of extra-lean ground pork
1 lightly whisked large egg,
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds, dried
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne flakes, ground
For making ratatouille:
For making patty
Serve with ratatouille atop the patties.
369.3 per serving
MEAL 35- BEEF STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOMS AND NOODLES
The ultimate comfort food!
1 1/2 lbs. of beef rump roast (aka bottom round), trimmed and thinly sliced into 2-inch strips
1 1/2 teaspoons ground papaya seed (fresh)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons safflower oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine, dry
3/4 cup low-sodium beef broth, separated
3 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
2 bay leaves
1 star anise
5. Cover and heat on high temperature approximately four hours, until fork-tender. Remove bay leaves and star
anise for serving and warm it with brown rice or broad noodles.
335 per serving